All We Do Is Litigation - Focusing Exclusively on Fraud, Breach of Contract, Corporate & Partnership Disputes, and Trade Secret Lawsuits
Like most San Diego people and businesses, you enter into business deals and other consumer transactions to benefit from a win-win situation. Contracts and business deals are the backbone of business.
But, what happens when things go wrong? Our aggressive business litigators fight for businesses and individuals, as both plaintiffs and defendants, and we vigorously pursue their rights in court.
Our boutique business litigation firm takes your case personally, our attorneys are available 24/7, and we develop bonds over and above an attorney-client relationship.
We do this in the following types of cases:
There is a lot of "he said / she said" when business dealings go awry. When things do not go as planned, it is often because a party falsified or omitted facts back when the deal originated, especially with start-up businesses needing capital and investors. Of course, sometimes the accusations are without merit.
We aggressively prosecute and defend claims based on:
- Lying or Omitting Facts when Negotiating a Contract
- Misleading or False Statements about the History or Success of a Business
- Investment Fraud
- Stock Fraud
- Real Estate Fraud
- Financial Elder Abuse
- Fraudulent Transfers (hiding assets/money from creditors)
- Fraudulent Advertising and Marketing
- Pyramid & Ponzi Schemes
An important thing to remember is that just one single misrepresentation or concealment can support a fraud lawsuit. So, even if everything else was true or disclosed, there is potential fraud liability.
The moment that you suspect a problem is the time to enlist the help of a fraud lawyer. The more you wait, the greater the chance of lost evidence, money moving hands, and fading memories – all which can hurt a potentially meritorious lawsuit. If you have been sued for fraud, you must respond in time and properly -- we will do so vigorously.
People and businesses breach contracts for a variety of reasons. Often times, the reason is simple: someone doesn't like the deal anymore or feel like paying. Other times, it is much more complicated, such as when both parties accuse each other of breach, or unexpected events make performing the contract more difficult. Of course, there are defenses to breaching an agreement and not every dispute qualifies as a breach.
Our business attorneys aggressively prosecute and defend businesses and individuals in many contract disputes, such as:
- Breach of Promissory Notes
- Breach of Stock Purchase / Investment Agreements
- Breach of Real Estate Purchase Contracts and Listing Agreements
- Breach of Consulting Agreements
- Interference with Contracts
- Interference with Business Relationships
- Breach of License Agreements
- Breach of Nondisclosure Agreements
- Breach of Settlement Agreements
- Breach of HOA Bylaws and CC&Rs
- Breach of Lease Agreements
- Breach of Boat Purchase Agreements
- Real Estate Broker Negligence
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Breach of Marvin Agreements
Keep in mind that contracts may be written, oral, or even implied by conduct. However, contracts not in writing have shorter statutes of limitation. The moment you suspect a breach (or are sued for breach of contract) is the time to call an attorney.
If you have been sued in a San Diego contract case, you must respond -- and we will vigorously defend you.
Corporations and the shareholders (and partnerships and the partners) often run into conflict. Many players have invested time and money into a company, there are often contrasting visions, and - sometimes - there are just bad apples.
If your time and money are in jeopardy because of the officers, directors, majority shareholders, or partners in your business, it may be time to contact an attorney to protect your rights (and money). If you have been sued, it is most certainly time to contact a business litigator for a vigorous defense.
We aggressively prosecute and defend companies (and their leaders) in disputes regarding:
- Disloyalty & Mismanagement by Officers, Directors, LLC Members, and Partners
- Breach of Shareholder Agreements
- Breach of Partnership Agreements
- Corporate & Partnership Dissolution
- Theft & Embezzlement
- San Diego Business Defamation (including Yelp.com defamation)
We also aggressively prosecute and defend trade secret misappropriation lawsuits.
Don't allow other to steal your special knowledge or abilities. We protect people and businesses with valuable, private information. We file lawsuits to gain money damages and injunctions when our clients' commercial edge is threatened by trade secret theft.
Our ability to prosecute trade secrets lawsuits allows us to successfully defend them. Former employers and business partners regularly threaten these lawsuits to intimidate and curtail rightful competition. They often pretend California non-compete agreements are enforceable (they are hardly ever). If you have been sued in a San Diego trade secrets case, we will vigorously defend you.
For a complimentary case evaluation concerning a San Diego lawsuit, contact The O’Brien Law Firm today at 888.690.6086, fill out the online form, or use the website chat function.
- San Diego Business Attorney Discusses Fraud Lawsuits
- What if I can't prove intent in a California fraudulent transfer lawsuit?
- What happens when debtors owe you money, but hide it by transferring it to others?
- Confirm Contract Negotiations with Follow-up Emails
- Know your legal rights if you or someone you care about has lost money or investments due to financial elder abuse.
- Excellent Job Provided in Defending Case
- Professional and Poised San Diego Contract Lawyer
- San Diego Business Attorney on Breach of Contract Lawsuits
- How Are Attorney Fee Awards Calculated in a California Lawsuit?
- Know your legal rights if your real estate broker did not act with your best interests in mind, was negligent, or failed to disclose facts.
- San Diego Business Lawyer on Shareholder or Partner Lawsuits
- Has your San Diego business been defamed? Been sued for slander in San Diego? Call (888) 690-6086 or email for a complimentary case evaluation.
- Firm Wins Motion to Attach $290,000 in Assets before Trial
- Firm Wins Shareholder Motion to Inspect Corporate Records
- Hewlett-Packard Sued for Shareholder Fraud